As Easy As It Gets - Social Media for SEO - Effectively
http://www.stylifyyourblog.com/2012/03/using-social-media-effectively-for-seo.html
Keep it Fresh - What Matters to Google
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/google-fresh-factor?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+seomoz+%28SEOmoz+Daily+Blog%29
The Power of Inbound Marketing - Yes, Social Media Marketing + Social Bookmarking
http://econsultancy.com/us/blog/9408-the-inbound-marketing-explosion-infographic
Out with the Old, In with the New, Wait - the Old Wasn't that Bad
I always to want to share the newest latest and greatest, however, here is a link to notes from an old workshop with some really good information about Google and Social Media. Enjoy! http://customercenteredsocialmedia.blogspot.com/p/google-and-social-media.html
Yes Virginia, Social Media Does Drive Traffic to Your Website
Who is attracting your audience now? How can you attract your audience? Social signals matter to the search engines - Great article: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/3-steps-to-using-social-media-to-improve-your-seo/41672/
Make Good Content, Share It, & Comment Like Crazy
This article is overwhelming in how much it shares, however everything is right on - http://www.seomoz.org/blog/21-tactics-to-increase-blog-traffic-2012
Bonus Material - The Power of Memes for likes and backlinks (really)
I had noticed that this meme was trending on Facebook, so I created my own version and posted it on our website's Facebook page. Within three days we had over 600 comments, 900 new fans, 3800 shares, and 6500 likes. This is with zero promotion, for something that I whipped up in Photoshop in 15 minutes. According to Facebook's analytics, the image has been viewed more than 400,000 times by over 200,000 people over the world. Now that's viral!
A couple days later I made another image for a different niche and posted it on my wall. Within days it too had garnered 100 comments, 570 shares, and 1100 likes. Again, all I did was identify a trending meme, create a version of it that resonated with a specific niche, and posted it on Facebook. The magic of social networking did the rest.
With a good meme, this is a simple feat to replicate. If you have a big enough social circle or fan page, just posting it there may be enough for it to go viral. If you don't have many connections on Facebook, then just seed the meme to the the top Facebook groups and pages for your niche. Then sit back and watch it spread.
Here's a great article on the topic - http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-use-memes-to-build-easy-backlinks-traffic

No comments:
Post a Comment